Accomplished Bay Area Attorney Provides Vigorous Criminal Defense
Committed Palo Alto counselor fights felony and misdemeanor charges
There's no substitute for experience when defending clients against criminal charges. From my Palo Alto office, I've defended Bay Area residents facing a range of serious allegations for more than 40 years. When you seek the help of Edwin E. Samuels, Attorney At Law, you can count on representation from a criminal defense attorney who is committed to upholding your rights while assertively challenging the prosecution’s case. Whether you are accused of a homicide, theft or DUI, you deserve a defense lawyer dedicated to pursuing the best possible outcome, whether that’s an acquittal, dismissal or favorable plea agreement.
Determined California lawyer works to minimize DUI/DWI and drug penalties
If you’re arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in California, your license will be immediately suspended. Following the arrest, you face two significant legal hurdles: criminal charges in court that could result in fines and jail time, and an administrative hearing before the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to determine what will happen to your driver license.
Under California law, you must request a hearing within 10 days of your arrest. I have the experience and background to represent you at your hearing and in any other necessary court appearances. In your criminal case, I may be able to challenge the legality of the stop and other police procedures as well as the results of blood and breath tests, which can be flawed. If your case involves allegations of a drug crime, such as use or possession, I may look for flaws in the search and seizure tactics used. I also represent drivers with prior DUI convictions facing enhanced penalties as well as those charged with felonies for DUIs involving injuries or death.
Experienced criminal defense attorney opposes seasoned prosecutors
Being charged with a felony can be life-changing. But with skilled counsel, you can assert your rights and protect yourself against the most harmful consequences of conviction. With more than four decades of experience, I have the confidence and ability to aggressively defend Californians facing a range of felony allegations, including:
- Fraud — Whether you are accused of identity theft, insurance fraud, credit card fraud or another deceitful practice, I stand ready to defend your actions and seek leniency.
- Homicide — A charge of first-degree murder or second-degree murder should always be met with a vigorous, persistent defense. I take on even the most complicated murder cases.
- Sexual assault — Many sex crime cases come down to the matter of consent. I collect witness testimony and other evidence aimed to support your side of the story.
- Theft — I have represented clients in theft cases ranging from minor shoplifting to major embezzlement.
- Assault — After the heightened emotions of a physical altercation, it may be possible to have assault charges dismissed or reduced to a lesser infraction.
- White collar crimes — I represent business leaders and employees accused of white collar offenses such as insider trading, money laundering and tax evasion.
If you or someone you love has been charged with a crime, I understand the stress, fear and anger you're feeling. My reputation for obtaining favorable results for clients in Bay Area courts works to your advantage, no matter how serious the charge.
Respected advocate defends clients accused of domestic violence
If you’re accused of threatening or harming a spouse, cohabitant, fellow parent or person you’ve dated in California, you may face domestic violence charges that can affect your freedom, reputation and relationships. Depending on the circumstances, domestic violence can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. Penalties for conviction can include:
- Mandatory minimum jail time
- Three years of probation
- A restraining order that prevents you from having any contact with your children
- A 10-year prohibition on owning firearms
- A one-year period of court-ordered treatment and education
Whether you face a misdemeanor or felony charge, it's critical that you have an attorney who can provide a strong defense. I will thoroughly investigate the facts in your case to present a defense intended to limit the penalties you face.
Contact a skilled California criminal defense attorney to schedule a free initial consultation
Edwin E. Samuels, Attorney at Law has defended Bay Area clients against criminal accusations for more than 40 years. If you or a loved one needs a strong criminal defense, call 650-619-9706 or contact me online to schedule your free initial consultation. My office is located in Palo Alto.